Friday, January 30, 2009

This plane is deffffff-i-nite-ly crashing!

God I love the Internet. It's usefulness never fails to amaze me. As most of my friends know, I stopped watching television years ago. Because of it, I've missed out on a lot of interesting news about the area and even the world. I just don't watch news, or anything for that matter, on television. Now days with the bachelor islands and the who wants to be a rock of loves it's hard to justify being lazy when television is this meaningless. Well that all changed since I found out how to use twitter. I can hear about all the interesting stuff again, without all the annoying commercials and retarded shows.
I fell asleep really early last night, like around 7PM and was awake, but still just lying in bed with my eyes closed at 5:15AM this morning because I heard my mom rustling around in her room getting ready for the day. I felt my bed shake a little bit. It definitely felt like an earthquake, but it was so quick and subtle I wasn't really sure. I got on my computer and checked my twitter and sure enough, theres already literally around 100 people in the Seattle area twittering about a 4.6 earthquake that just happened! It occurred at 5:25 AM originating from the Kingston area. See how powerful twitter can be? I read once how a man on a plane that was literally sliding down the runway on fire when it's landing gear failed, was twittering about it in real time as it happened! That's just incredible to me. With twitter, I hardly need the commercials, and stupid 20 minute long sets on how walmart is still rolling back prices, that regular news channels put me through in order to find out what is really news. Now days, strait and to the point is becoming more and more worth it's weight in gold in a world where advertisements are being stuffed inbetween every word. It is still at the point however where hardly any of my friends have twitter accounts. But that's not a huge deal, because tons of CEO's video game companies, breaking news sites from around the world, or pretty much any company that your interested in, has a twitter! I suggest anyone to get a twitter, if nothing else, to see what all the hype is about. I think you'll find it's actually an excellent tool! Don't forget to follow me! @Cashmoneysilk
Here's some of the cool twitterers I'm following, that might be interesting to follow:
@Twitscoop - Find out what's hot on twitter
@BarackObama - The prez!
@SteveJobs - Co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple.
@SnoopDogg - Rap Artizzle
@MCHammer - Musician
@PatricWilson - Drummer of the band Weezer

Here are a few good articles to read, if your thinking about making a twitter:
Seven Obvious Tips For First Time Twitters

50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business
Top Famous Twitterers

And if your really eager to dig in, here's some more intense information:
How to be a twitter power user!

Top 25 Twitterers and Twitter services

On another note, I had my first day on the new job today, and it went well. My boss told me she really hopes this works out for me because she's planning on me taking the other boss's spot, after she retires, which will be soon. I hope it works out for me too! Thank you god I'm no longer unemployed!

No comments:

Post a Comment