Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 30

I've gone through a lot of interesting moods today. I've been thinking about how it's been a month since I started this blog, and how it's come a long way in the little time that I've had it. Even though I haven't made more than a few hundred dollars in the past 30 days, I wouldn't call it a total waste of a month, even though I'm STILL unemployed. This whole web game I'm playing takes longer than 30 days to wrangle, and I know that. I have easily learned probably about as much as a class in school would have taught me though, so for that I'm happy about how I've spent the last 30 days.
This morning I gave my dad a ride to the airport at 4AM, and it was so foggy, I couldn't see 20 feet in front of the car on the freeway. It was kinda scary, and I thought about how that's kinda how I'm living my life right now. I can only see about 20 feet in front of me, but as long as I keep going, I know I'm gonna get somewhere eventually. I just need to stay positive. I came home and fell back asleep, and since my phone was on silent, I didn't hear my mom calling me 30 times to tell me to come pick her up from the car detail shop. She ended up walking a mile to the Starbucks, before she found someone to give her a ride home. I completely forgot I was supposed to pick her up at 8. I felt horrible. Here I was thinking I was doing something nice, taking my dad to the airport, then I go and forget about picking up my mom. Sigh. Yesterday I gave my brother Kyle a ride back to his house in covington, and my brother Ryan a ride back to the bar to pick up his truck. Tomorrow morning I'm giving my sister a ride to the bus stop, and my mom to go pick up her car at the detail shop. I've suddenly become the family chauffeur it seems. That's alright. It makes me happy when I help out my family, since I don't really feel like I'm doing anything else worthy of making them proud.
Today my storage unit called me to tell me I owe them money. My cell phone bill was due today as well. I went onto craigslist and lowered the price of my cabriolet from 2000 to 1700. I've had 8 people email me about the cabriolet, and one test-drive. Hopefully it'll sell at 1700. It's definitely worth it at 119,000 miles, I know that.
Tomorrow I've got a temporary job for a day, paying 20/hour to hand out mickey mouse balloons in Seattle as some kind of celebration promotion for Disney. lol I can't keep living my life off of silly jobs and paid surveys. I need a big break. I need a job I can say I'm proud to have. It's coming, I can feel it. I do love the suspense of a one-day job, but I've been selling things on craigslist and ebay, doing little clever side jobs here and there for too long to have nothing to offer some employer somewhere. Hmm, or maybe it's just time to really get my brain in gear and come up with something epic, that nobody else has done yet. Be a trend-setter. A barrier breaker. Yeah, I think that sounds like me. It will soon anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hoov! I check your blog now and then. Prob like weekly or something. Good lookin' so far =]. I tried to myspace you asking about that frod thing but you never hit me back.

    ReplyDelete