Monday, December 22, 2008

Where it began :

About two weeks ago I met a girl, who has her own site, and lives and pays rent solely off of the earnings she makes from the site. Given the site is not your average ad-sense blogger per se, it's a bit too x-rated for that, but it still got me thinking about how I've always wanted to make a lucrative thing out of the Internet, and had heard of other people supporting themselves off of just writing about products and stuff they already use. I asked her what she thought about a few things and I was quickly convinced that the money is there, I just gotta go get it. I'm not completely walking into the dark, I did teach myself a fair amount of html back in high school, and even made a few silly websites (that didn't go anywhere) and I am familiar with much of the newer technology. I have my COMPTIA A+ certification. Why don't I pursue computer repair you might ask? Well, not only have I been fixing computers since I was about 14, (thats 10 years ago) but I have never wanted the whole "office job" stigma that goes with it all. I've always felt I was meant to do my own thing, and in my own way. Computer repair definitely could pay the bills, but with more and more people flooding into the industry (and rightfully so, it's one of the most secure industries to get into) bundled up with our current economy situation, not only is it hard to get a job doing it, it's also definitely NOT what I want to grow old doing. I'm never going to be able to travel the world the way I want to fixing computers all day. Nor am I going to find the kind of girlfriend I want, playing around with some motherboards and electro-static wristbands.
So I've been in an unemployment rut for a while now, and laying in bed the other day I began trying to justify my situation. Currently in Washington state we have damn near 2 feet of snow, and I'm definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. I don't want to go out and look for jobs, I don't want to go to interviews, I don't want to pretty much do anything with myself. But I can't just sit around in my room dreaming, some kind of action has to happen. I looked out into the winter wonderland, and told myself if I can just get started, it will all snowball after a while. And so my journey began. I started googling things like making money online, or blogging for profit, and came across this site. (www.Premiumeproducts.com) Run by a guy names Khai.

Of course that looks like your typical ebook sale website (I would know) I read it anyways. Regardless it had a lot of good juicy knowledge! Theres something about the name Khai thats interesting to me, but I'm not sure what it is. He talks all about "literally copying and pasting his way to success." Don't knock it right away though, half of bad criticism comes from poor knowledge and general ignorance, I thought. Good thing I did some thinking, lol I'll need to if I'm going to profit off of anything online. His basic concept is to imitate those who are wealthy and successful by understanding their business model - An excellent lesson.
Picture courtesy of aboutkhai.com

I'm pretty poor at the moment, living back with my parents (augh well gotta get it out :p) so Instead of buying his ebook "15 Product Creation Studies" I just decided to be thrifty and google all of the people in his book. First though I started with khai. I found a personal website of his called http://www.aboutkhai.com/. I scrolled down reading various tidbits of information, then got to an educational video by his business partner - Jaz Lai called Educational Video About Using PLR Products. It was fairly informational. After watching that I clicked on the link to "blog paycheck" because that was after all pretty much exactly what I was looking to do/ learn about. I eventually ended up at http://www.gobalakrishnan.com and I checked all that out, then on the right on his blogroll I clicked on http://www.sabahan.com I forget where I went from there, but I eventually found myself on Seth Godin's squidoo site, where I learned all about squidoo.com
Where I learned all about squidoo.com. I signed up and have been jam-packing my brain since that moment! I also made my first squidoo!

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment