Friday, December 26, 2008

Day 6



I awoke at around 5 AM with a thirst that could kill a camel. I ran downstairs and just about chugged a gallon of orange juice. That probably wasn't such a good idea. Ugh, so much sugar. I usually don't drink juice at all. I pretty much just drink water, and occasionally I get drunk, but water is definitely my beverage of choice. Health and wellness is probably one of my biggest interests. Hey, that gives me a great idea for my next lens! Ah, it'll be my best lens yet!

I made a LinkindIN page, as well and started learning all about that stuff. I decided to join a few groups,(all still pending approval) among them is a group called LinkedSEO. Being still fairly new to this term I Googled it and learned all about white-hat and black-hat SEO's. I'm going for the white-hat SEO reputation... of course. It's interesting, I knew I wanted something to do with this whole Internet marketing thing, but couldn't really put a name to it, and I'm thinking SEO is what I'm looking to make my next profession. Or well, since I've never really had one to begin with, I think thats what I'll be doing a lot of research on for the next few days to see if it is where I want to go in life.

I also set up a Site Meter counter and statistics tracker for my blog, so I can see if anyone's actually reading this thing. Of course I'm sure nobody is yet, but it'll be nice to track my progress. (Update: turns out someone is! Apparently since I started 5 days ago 71 visits ignoring my browser... not bad!)

Installed Tweetdeck, to track all my new tweet.com friends. I like it, it's black and sleek, and has an apple company-style look to it. I've always likes apple's clean, sleek application styles and layouts. Everything they make looks good actually, I'm won't lie haha.

Went to a few lenses on how to get started up worth mentioning: http://www.squidoo.com/easyboost, http://www.squidoo.com/theanswerdeck/hq, http://www.squidoo.com/tricks. The tricks one says:
"A *LOT* of people get completely hung up on trying to increase their lensrank. But why?! A higher adsense share won't make you rich, and fretting about your lensrank will not get you any more sales. You need to concentrate on getting more visitors and sales, not on getting your lensrank higher. Don't take your eyes of the goal. And don't get it backwards, like too many other people."

Thats interesting, and I've heard it a few times now, and I think I'll take it into consideration, even though it's my current goal to see my first lens get to 199.
Got myself a Digg. Not quite sure yet how helpful it's going to be. It doesn't seem signing up is going to provide me with any special benefits, but we shall see.

Also changed the layout and looks of the site, to a much cleaner, subtle look. (trying to imitate something pretty made by apple lolsies)

No comments:

Post a Comment