Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goal 1: Get a grip. Goal 2: keep that grip!

A lot of my days lately seem to be blurred by rain trickling down my window.

Mother of F I've been slackin' on my blog lately. I'd like to start off with the fact that my internet connection blows a fatty, and wireless desktop connections can go F themselves. I've been having trouble blogging, or doing anything online lately. I go to work, get home, turn on the computer, and the internet doesn't work for hours at a time, or will for a short while, then stop. I even bought a higher db or whatever antenna on ebay, but it didn't help at all. I think I'm supposed to use the antenna on the actual base station, but the gay Microsoft wireless base station doesn't have removable antennas, but almost EVERY other wireless base station does. Soon however I'll be moving into the basement at my parents house, and have wired cable, and these frustrations shall be a thing of the past. No, I do not care that you know I'm living back with mom and dad, because I know tons of friends of mine who would love to have the opportunity. This'll give me a nice chance to get a few grand saved up, and really focus on some internet money making opportunities I have been itching to work on. Sure, I'll be living the life of a 24 year old total nerd loser living at his parents for a few months, but if that's what it takes to get the money wad a-rollin' then so be it.

I'm so addicted to the internet, I've been kind of lost without it, trying to find useful things to fill my time. I'm planning a total overhaul of my finances among other "to-do's" and this is a goal I actually can see materializing week by week. I've been reading "how to achieve excellent credit" and other money savvy ebooks that I've had nestled away on my computer for times like these, when my internet connection is being a steamy pile of dogshit. Now that I have a job I can stand, income tax return on it's way, and 2 of my cars soon to be sold, my financial woes are quickly dissolving away. It's a wonderful relief, in times like now. I've also been busying myself with other non-internet essential tasks that I've been meaning to handle, such as uploading all my videos to my computer and editing them for later youtubing. I've kind of put my own internet marketing plans on the backburner as I help my friend Ian Delile market the living crap out of his musical abilities, as I've mentioned in previous blog entries. I've been filming him make some music, uploading the vids, editing them, making him a youtube, a myspace, a twitter, anything to help get him noticed. I have faith that he's going to go somewhere in life, and I figure this is a perfect opportunity to try out what marketing knowlege I do have.

Me on the other hand, well, that's kind of where I'm scratching my head. I'm not really sure what I want to do. My sketch of a future plan revolves around going back to college, learning a few new languages, then traveling the world, meeting people in tons of different countries aaaaaand then who knows. That's as far as I've ever gotten. Theres no specific field I know I want to get into yet, I just really like the idea of helping different people communicate. I think that's a pretty solid job in of itself, but it doesn't really have a finish line in it. I think that could be why I'm not pursuing it more actively. The most successful people I imagine can see the finish line, and that's why the push to reach it. I've just got to learn to visualize my finish line, I guess. It's sad that people (myself included) get so "worked" by life, that we eventually forget our most aspired goals, or eventually just become to "busy" to stay on track. Sometimes the only way we can achieve in life is if we believe we can in the first place. The belief alone lays the foundation for success, and the pieces fall into place on their own. I truely believe, that if you want to succeed in something, you need to believe that you can. So in other words, success can be measured in those of us who have perfected the ability to make believe...

1 comment:

  1. Thats cool that your helping that Ian dude, his skills seem legit. I was listening to Dan and Steg's music the other day and thinking how cool it would be to make a documentary thing of thier recordings and thinking [aka smoke] sessions =D.. anyways, Im glad to see your budget woes are solving themselves and that your having lots of ideas, break throughs and most importantly, FUN. we need to kick it soon.

    PS-ADD MY CAT OR ELSE! >8[

    ReplyDelete